At first glance, it may seem that knowing how to turn off PS5 is a simple procedure. However, although the activity may not seem to be complicated, it is not always the easiest thing to accomplish, particularly for first-time PS5 users. Even if you have previously used a PlayStation 3 or a PlayStation 4, the approach with the PS5 is somewhat different.
Don’t be concerned if you’re not sure how to turn off PS5. If you’re coming from a PS4 or are new to the PlayStation family in general, the actual UI choices for shutting down or entering PS5 standby mode are a little difficult to find unless you’re intending on getting up off the couch and doing it manually every time.
We have decided to compile this article on how to turn off PS5 so that you could know everything about the latest settings that PS is currently offering!
How To Turn Off PS5 Using Controller
Knowing how to turn off PS5 with the DualSense controller is a reasonably simple process that anybody can do. First-time users just need to get used to the brand-new user interface, which may not always make intuitive sense. Despite the fact that it seems complex at first, the method of how to turn off PS5 becomes lot obvious after the second attempt.
Before we begin, it’s important to note that PS5s have two different “off” states. You have the option of completely shutting down your PS5 or putting it into rest mode. When you turn off the console, all activities will come to a stop and you won’t be able to control PS5.
On the other hand, the rest mode allows the PS5 to continue to download updates, install games, and charge any controllers that are currently connected. As a result, it will continue to drain a little amount of electricity.
1. Control PS5 Using Controller
- The PlayStation logo on the controller should be pressed to bring up the PlayStation 5 control centre menu.
- Press the Power button to turn on the computer. You’ll see three choices, including entering Rest Mode, turning off PS5, and Restart PS5. Select one of these options to proceed.
- To switch off the device, choose the second option from the menu.
While turning off the PlayStation 5 in this manner, the system will begin to shut down, but not immediately. The message “Preparing to switch off your PS5” will appear, warning you not to unhook the AC power cable while the PS5 power indicator is flashing. If you do, the PS5 will shut off and you won’t be able to control PS5.
How To Turn Off PS5 Without PS5 Remote Control
If you want to turn off the PS5 without using the controller, you’ll have to do it directly on the console itself. This is one of the most easy methods of turning on PS5 rest mode, although it does need accessing the console from wherever it may be located in your room to complete the process.
On the black bar in the centre of the PS5 console, there are two buttons that you may press (If you have a Digital PS5 Edition, there will only be one button). For the disc version, look for the Power button, which is situated on the left-hand side of the console. If you have the console set up vertically, the Power button will be at the bottom of the screen.
Press and hold the Power button until you hear two beeps, then release the button. After the first beep, pressing and holding the button will put your console into rest mode. Two beeps will cause the PS5 to shut off entirely.
When your PlayStation 5 is about to shut down, it will show a message on the screen to alert you. This message is intended to warn you not to disconnect the console from its AC power cable while the power button is still activated and you won’t be able to use the PS5 controller buttons!
How To Turn Off PS5 Controller?
If you’re downloading a game and want to save battery life on the PS5 controller’s rather modest 1,560mAh battery, it’s best to switch it off while doing so. Turning off the DualSense PS5 controller, on the other hand, requires a somewhat different technique than it did with the prior PS generations.
If you know how to turn off PS4 controller, then how to turn off PS5 will be an easy task for you. Follow these steps:
1. Using Control Center
- On the PS5 DualSense pad, hit the PlayStation button, which is situated in the centre of the pad between the two analogue sticks.
- Go to the bottom row of the PS5 menu and choose the Accessories option from the drop-down menu. On the right side of the button are a little battery metre indicator and a gamepad icon.
- By pressing the X button, you will be able to view all of the accessories that are linked to your smartphone. Wireless Controller will be the name given to your DualSense controller.
- Press the X key on your keyboard.
- To turn off the pad, choose the Turn Off option from the drop-down menu.
2. Turn Off Automatically
You may programme your DualSense pad to shut down automatically after a certain amount of time if it is not in use. Simply follow the instructions outlined below:
- Navigate to your PS5’s settings. Navigate to the cog-shaped symbol, which can be found in the upper right-hand corner of the home screen.
- Select System from the submenu that appears as you scroll down the list. Generally speaking, it will appear in the second half of the list.
- Scroll down to the Power Saving option, which is at the bottom of the list.
- In the Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off section, enter the desired time. Inactivity may be detected by setting your controller to power off after 10, 30, or 60 minutes.
How To Turn Off The PS5 Controller Mic
The DualSense controller for the PlayStation 5 is one of the most innovative gaming peripherals available today. This little gadget contains a significant amount of technology. One of them is a high-quality microphone that is always active by default.
The implications of this are that what you say may be picked up even when you don’t want it to be, which may create problems in your online multiplayer gaming experience. The good news is that turning off the microphone on your controller is a reasonably simple process.
Read Here: Best Gaming Mouse In 2021 For Perfect Gaming
1. Via The Controller
You just click the horizontal mute button located in the middle of your controller, right below the PlayStation logo, to enable this feature. When you silence the microphone, the button will flicker orange to indicate this.
2. Using Control Center
Another option for muting the microphone on your PS5 controller is to do it using the Control Center:
- To activate the PS button on your controller, press it.
- In the Control Center, choose the microphone icon and press the X key.
The microphone on your PS5 controller will be muted as a result of this. In order to totally silence your PS5, including the sound output, you must take the following further measures:
- Hold down the mute button on the controller until the light on the controller begins to flicker orange.
- If you need to attend to other matters, you may utilise this step to smoothly silence yourself as well as the game while you do so.
- These procedures will assist you in muting the microphone on your DualSense controller, allowing you to attend to personal affairs without worrying about your co-players overhearing everything you say.
3. Using Configuration Menu
An alternative method of muting your microphone is to browse to the Settings menu. What you need to do is as follows:
- By tapping the gear symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, you can access the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the section under “Sound.”
- From the Sound menu, choose Microphone as the input device. The microphone settings, as well as the microphones utilised by the console, may all be changed from this location. If you wish to silence the microphone on the DualSense controller, make sure that the Input Device on the controller is set to Microphone.
- When you are logged in, go to Microphone Status and set it from On to Mute.
- Your PS5 will no longer be able to detect any background noise emanating from you or your surroundings.